Tuesday 14 June 2016

REVIEW - Sunbites Red Pepper and Chilli Pitta Bakes

A slightly belated post (due to the craziness that was exams and my subsequent celebrations), but here's another one from my revision snack box. As you might have gathered, I'm a big fan of 'crisp alternatives', like rice cakes, lentil curls, popcorn and pitta chips. I also love the flavours of red pepper and chilli, so naturally I was drawn to these 'Red Pepper and Chilli Pitta Bakes' from Walkers, as part of their Sunbites range. You can also pick them up in a 'Cheddar and Onion' flavour if you fancy something milder.

The bag is quite little in size but weighs a decent 24g and I thought there was a fair portion inside. All of the crisps ("pitta bakes") were covered with a generous coating of seasoning, which had a nice chilli-and-pepper taste and wasn't overly spicy.

The texture of the pitta bakes was great - they're a lot thicker than normal crisps and are baked, rather than fried, so they have a wonderful crunch to them. Similar to the lentil curls I recently reviewed, they are *incredibly* crunchy and you might find yourself feeling slightly self-conscious if you're eating them in a very quiet area where noisy eating is frowned upon. So again, perhaps not the perfect snack for the library but never mind...

Overall I thought these were fab - to me, they felt more substantial than regular crisps and I liked that they were much crunchier and less greasy. They also crumbled less than regular crisps, meaning slightly fewer crumbs scattered all down my top - always a plus. The seasoning was good, and I thought there was enough to give flavour but not too much that it became unpleasant.

8 out of 10 from me, and something I'll definitely buy again in future! (Losing only a couple of points due to the issues encountered with eating these in silent areas...)

No comments:

Post a Comment