Sunday 5 June 2016

REVIEW - Galaxy Duet Cookies and Cream

After a pretty decent experience with the 'Toffee and Popcorn' Galaxy Duet bar a month or so ago, I've been looking for an excuse to try the other two varieties in the range. Getting through my first (and worst) exam seemed like quite a triumph, so off I popped to Tesco for a celebratory sugar-hit.

I went for the 'Cookies and Cream' variety this time around, but I'll definitely be giving the 'Caramel and Shortcake' one a try at some point as well! Each sounded as good as the other so I spent a fair bit of time dithering between the two.
Incidentally this is described by Galaxy as "milk chocolate with a lightly whipped filling (15%) and cookie pieces (3.2%)." Yum!

Having had the full-sized bar previously, I was quite surprised to find that this wasn't in the normal Galaxy segments but rather came as two long fingers, a bit like a luxury KitKat. Personally I think I would have preferred individual pieces, but I suppose this way means that Galaxy can fit more filling in, which isn't a bad thing! I also presume that you're supposed to eat the two sides together, but I'm odd and wanted to eat them separately.

The chocolate itself was the normal affair, delicious smooth Galaxy that melted in the mouth. I'm one of a rare breed, in that I prefer Galaxy to Cadbury (*gasp!*) so this made me very happy.
Looks like a Kitkat, Is not a Kitkat.
The cookie pieces were a nice addition - even though they were only added at 3.2%, there was still definitely enough of them throughout the chocolate to give it that something extra (and add a nice cookie flavour). They were big enough to bring a nice crunch, but not so large that they were more noticeable than the chocolate.

The cream side brought a nice contrast to the crunchiness of the cookie segment. I definitely felt that the cream was higher quality than that which you find in similar products from other brands - it was nice and smooth and had a nice creaminess. My only improvement would perhaps be that it could be flavoured to taste milky or creamy, because as far as I could tell it didn't taste of anything. Lovely texture though!

Overall this was a good bar, and I think it had a decent amount of filling in - even though it's only small! It's not outstanding, but if you're looking for a post-exam treat then it definitely does the job. 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment