Monday 29 February 2016

LET'S EAT - Bill's breakfast

Remember those horrible exams that were causing me no end of stress back in January? Well, my results came out last Thursday and much to my delight (and relief) I managed to surpass my own expectations and pass everything with some pretty good marks! Myself and my friends decided that a celebratory breakfast was a good way to celebrate - and, having always wanted to try the breakfast menu but never quite getting round to it, we took ourselves off to Bill's.

I love Bill's - it's one of those restaurants that, even though it's a chain, manages to still feel quite unique and independent in comparison to a lot of the others that you pass on the high street. Not to mention, the food is really good.



I've wanted to try a Bill's breakfast ever since I first became acquainted with Bill's a few years ago, so was pretty excited for our celebratory treat. I didn't even mind that I had to get up early on a (rare) morning that I didn't have a 9am lecture. Everything on the menu sounded so tempting - you can choose from a cooked breakfast (both traditional and vegetarian), the infamous Bill's pancakes, eggs (multiple ways), porridge and even a steak and chips. The pancakes nearly had me, but in the end I settled on the "peanut butter and banana French toast", being a huge fan of both banana and peanut butter. My friends opted for the veggie breakfast and the pancakes.

Our food arrived fairly promptly after ordering which was very welcome - we were definitely starting to feel quite peckish by this point of the morning. My French toast was beautifully presented and certainly looked very promising - although I have to say it seemed a bit small in comparison to the other two breakfasts! But maybe that's just me...

Having never had French toast before, I was slightly apprehensive but I needn't have worried - it was delicious! It didn't taste eggy at all; instead it has a lovely sweet taste and was so light and fluffy - almost cake-like in texture! Having something so similar to cake for breakfast certainly sets you up well for the day. The almond/peanut/chocolate spread (I'm still a little unsure exactly what it was) was lovely as well and not too sickly, and the addition of strawberries, blueberries and banana was nice and made me feel vaguely virtuous. Overall this was incredibly tasty - I just wish there had been a little more of it!

My friends both loved their choices as well - apparently the pancakes were really fluffy and they had blueberries scattered throughout, which my friend said tasted delicious. The veggie breakfast was a winner as well, and certainly of a much nicer standard than some vegetarian offerings you often come across when ordering breakfast. I don't know many other places that give you hummus, sweet chilli and guacamole all in one dish!

Overall we had a lovely morning at Bill's - the service was quick and friendly (but not overly so) and the food was wonderful. Compared to some other places, Bill's can seem a bit pricey however I always feel that the food is so nice that it's worth paying that bit extra. Thank you Bill's, I'm giving my breakfast an 8 out of 10 and I'll definitely be back again very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment