Thursday 28 April 2016

REVIEW - PG Tips Strawberry Cupcake

As dull as it may seem, tea is my number 1 beverage. Sure, I like others, but they can't compare to a well-made cuppa. I love tea so much that I own more mugs than I care to count (mainly because people are always buying them for me) and have been known to come home from nightclubs and have a cup of tea before going to bed. I am a wild 20-something, I know.

If I could, I would drink breakfast tea (or Earl Grey, mmm) day, noon and night. However in a bid to cut down on a bit of caffeine I've been drinking a lot more green tea as of late. I get a bit bored of plain green tea so am always on the lookout for something new and flavoured teas are fast becoming a firm favourite.

I thought I'd give this new Strawberry Cupcake tea from PG Tips a try - I like berry-flavoured teas, and baking is a huge passion of mine, so it seemed perfect! I picked up my box of 25 bags for £1 (it was on promotion) in my local Tesco.
When I opened the box, I was quite impressed to actually detect a strawberry cake-like smell - it was different to that of normal berry teas, and was more like a very diluted buttercream smell. Oddly enough the tea didn't actually smell of much when it was brewing; that was fine, I just kept sniffing the box whilst I was waiting.

Taste-wise, it wasn't full of flavour - I could definitely detect the strawberry (again, it doesn't taste like normal berry teas, but does actually have something cakey about it) but it was very faint. At first I was a bit disappointed by this discovery but have decided (after drinking many more cups) that the tea probably wouldn't actually taste very nice if the flavour was much stronger.
Overall, I really liked this! I wouldn't recommend it if you're after a highly-flavoured tea, but if you're odd like me and actually enjoy the taste of green tea then this is great - the green tea flavour is all there, with just a nice undercurrent of strawberry cupcake. 8 out of 10! 

No comments:

Post a Comment